Re: libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> writes:
> Maybe anl libs / install-libs makefile target?

> I've already faced the complicated procedure one has to go through to
> build and install only libpq built from source.

The documentation already suggests
gmake -C src/interfaces install

Dunno that it's worth more than that.  (That particular choice would get
you ecpg too, but you could go down to src/interfaces/libpq if you
really want just that.)

The real issue with this sort of thing is that when somebody wants a
subset install, their desires are usually pretty specific --- eg, do
they want the include files?  what about docs?  Distro-specific packages
such as RPMs typically have a distro policy to follow about such things,
but it's hard to cater for every scenario in a few makefile targets.