Re: Column-Level Privileges - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Column-Level Privileges
Date
Re: Column-Level Privileges  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
BTW, something else I'd meant to bring up for discussion is whether
anyone likes the formatting of column privileges in \dp:

regression=# create table foo(bar int, baz int);
CREATE TABLE
regression=# grant select on foo to joe;
GRANT
regression=# grant insert(bar), update(baz) on foo to joe;
GRANT
regression=# \dp foo                             Access privilegesSchema | Name | Type  |     Access privileges     |
Columnaccess privileges

postgres=arwdDxt/postgres| bar:                      : joe=r/postgres            :   joe=a/postgres
                            : baz:                                                  :   joe=w/postgres

(1 row)

(The colons after the column names are something I added on my own
authority to Stephen's original.)

This seems a bit ASCII-art-ish to me; it certainly wouldn't be readily
parsable by programs.  Now that's not really the design goal for \d
output, and I don't have a better suggestion offhand, but still...
anyone got a better idea?