Re: 9.5 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 9.5 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:32 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> Improve hash creation and lookup performance (Tomas Vondra,
>> Teodor Sigaev, Tom Lane, Robert Haas)

> I suggest haveing two separate items.  One of those is about the Hash
> executor node and the other is about our dynahash stuff.  So they're
> completely different code bases.

As far as 4a14f13a0 goes, I would think that ought to be mentioned under
"Source Code" since it's a change in a rather widely used API.  I doubt
that the performance aspect of it is really all that exciting to end
users, but third-party modules calling the dynahash code would care.
The hash join changes are a completely different thing.