Re: 9.5 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 9.5 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 05:16:07PM +1200, David Rowley wrote:
>> Would you also be able to mention something about�f15821e and�d222585 ?

> I am going to defer to Tom on that.  I have added optimizer changes in
> the past but he didn't feel it made sense unless there was some
> user-visible change.

I'd be inclined to document both of those.  We mentioned outer join
removal when it was first added, in 9.0, so making a significant
improvement in it seems worthy of mention also.  Both of these things
are "user visible" to the extent that they affect EXPLAIN output.

I'm not sure whether we need to document the semantic hazard that the
second commit message worries about.