Re: pg_dump native format will not restore correctly - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump native format will not restore correctly
Date
List pgsql-general
"Scot Kreienkamp" <SKreien@la-z-boy.com> writes:
> Another strange thing I just found when composing this email... If I set
> limit 5 on the query it works on the soldtrx table, but if I don't set a
> limit it just hangs.

Is it chewing CPU, chewing I/O, or just sitting?  If the latter, try
attaching to the backend with gdb and getting a stack trace.

I'm still not buying the theory that the dump/restore method has
something to do with it.  You might try the test yourself: run
pg_restore's output into a text file and compare with the text dump.

            regards, tom lane