Re: Beta2 - A Late Announcement - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Beta2 - A Late Announcement
Date
List pgsql-general
Adam Witney <awitney@sghms.ac.uk> writes:
> Ahh yes, it is failing just as it is trying to create the
> plpgsql_call_handler ready for adding the PL/pgSQL language, which includes
> a hard coded path to plpgsql.so

> If I manually changed the path to the newly complied plpgsql.so would that
> be ok?

I'd recommend editing the dump to use path
    '$libdir/plpgsql'
which is the preferred setup going forward --- it's
installation-independent because the backend will automatically add
the correct library-directory path and shared-library extension.

createlang has created languages this way since 7.2, but dumps loaded
from prior releases probably still have hardcoded paths in them :-(

            regards, tom lane