Re: Removing another gen_node_support.pl special case - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Removing another gen_node_support.pl special case
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 29.11.22 22:34, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Concretely, it seems like something like the attached could be
>> useful, independently of the other change.

> Yes, right now you can easily declare things that don't make sense.
> Cross-checks like these look useful.

Checking my notes from awhile back, there was one other cross-check
that I thought was pretty high-priority: verifying that array_size
fields precede their array fields.  Without that, a read function
will fail entirely, and a compare function might index off the
end of an array depending on which array-size field it chooses
to believe.  It seems like an easy mistake to make, too.

I added that and pushed.