Re: floating point representation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: floating point representation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> The defaults
>> would be "%.7g" and "%.17g" (or thereabouts, not sure what number of
>> digits we are currently using).

> Wouldn't changing current '%.6g','%.15g'(on many platforms)
> cause the regression test failure ?

I didn't check my numbers.  If the current behavior is '%.6g','%.15g'
then we should stay with that as the default.

Hmm, on looking at the code, this might mean we need some configure
pushups to extract FLT_DIG and DBL_DIG and put those into the default
strings.  Do we support any platforms where these are not 6 & 15?