Re: auto-reconnect: temp schemas, sequences, transactions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: auto-reconnect: temp schemas, sequences, transactions
Date
List pgsql-general
Marek =?utf-8?q?Wi=C4=99ckowski?= <wieckom@foxi.nl> writes:
> If I understand correctly, Tom's reply in:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-06/msg01668.php suggests
> that temp schemas are kept when a session gets disconnected because
> connections get automatically re-established with the same backend id, and if
> this succeeds the old temp tables get picked up by the new connection as if
> there was no disconnection at all.

Uh, no, surely not.  The schema itself is re-used if it exists, but all
the contained tables get flushed by the new session (if for some reason
the old session failed to do that, as it would in case of a crash).
Re-use of the schema object is just a minor implementation optimization
--- there's no expectation that temp tables would ever survive into
another session.

            regards, tom lane