Re: Is PG built on any C compilers where int division floors? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is PG built on any C compilers where int division floors?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net> writes:
> C99 finally pinned down what / does on signed ints, truncating toward zero.
> Before that, it could truncate toward zero, or floor toward -inf.
> Is PostgreSQL built on any compilers/platforms that have the floor
> behavior?

I'm not sure if we still have any buildfarm animals that act that way[1],
but the project policy is that we target C90 not C99.  So wiring in any
assumptions about this would seem to be contrary to policy.

            regards, tom lane

[1] gaur/pademelon might, but it's turned off and 300 miles away, so
I can't check right now.