Re: Streaming replication and non-blocking I/O - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Streaming replication and non-blocking I/O
Date
Re: Streaming replication and non-blocking I/O  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Specifically, I think you missed out $(BE_DLLLIBS) in SHLIB_LINK.
>> We'll find out at the next mingw build...

> Thanks. But what is BE_DLLLIBS? I can't find any description of it.

It was the wrong theory anyway --- it already is included (in
Makefile.shlib).  But what it does is provide -lpostgres on platforms
where that is needed, such as mingw.

> I suspect the MinGW build will fail because of the missing PGDLLIMPORTs.

Yeah.  On closer investigation the problem seems to be -DBUILDING_DLL,
which flips the meaning of PGDLLIMPORT.  contrib/dblink, which surely
works and has the same linkage requirements as walreceiver, does *not*
use that.  I've committed a patch to change that, we'll soon see if it
works...

> Before we sprinkle all the global variables it touches with that, let me
> explain what I meant by dividing walreceiver code differently between
> dynamically loaded module and backend code. Right now I have to go to
> sleep, though, but I'll try to get back to during the weekend.

Yeah, nothing to be done till we get another buildfarm cycle anyway.