Re: Write errors in postgres log - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Write errors in postgres log
Date
List pgsql-general
"CAJ CAJ" <pguser@gmail.com> writes:
> We have 2 servers running postgres database 8.0.3 serving a web application.

You do realize we are up to 8.0.12 in that branch?  You're missing
nearly two years worth of bug fixes.

> ERROR:  xlog flush request 2/66B19020 is not satisfied --- flushed only to
> 2/5F8F95A2 ...
> CONTEXT:  writing block 754 of relation 1663/17230/17443

Looks a bit ugly --- might be worth looking at that block with
pg_filedump to see what the extent of the corruption is.

> 1. pg_reset_xlog did not work.

Define "did not work".  What did you do exactly, and what results did
you get?

> 2. Recent backups are corrupted as well.

It's not possible for a pg_dump backup to be affected by this problem.
How exactly are you making your backups, and what happens when you try
to use them?

            regards, tom lane