multiple databases vs multiple clusters on the same host - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eugene Ostrovsky
Subject multiple databases vs multiple clusters on the same host
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello!

I would like to find out what is the difference in hardware resources consuming between two solutions:
1. Several databases in the same postgresql cluster
2. Several clusters (one per each database) on the same host

Currently I have about 10 databases in the same cluster. For some reasons I'm going to switch to using separate
clusterson the same machine. I suspect that this could affect the performance.

Any ideas on how much more hardware resources will be consumed?

Thanks.