Re: Useless "Replica Identity: NOTHING" noise from psql \d - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Useless "Replica Identity: NOTHING" noise from psql \d
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Is this the patch you had in mind?  I kept the pg_catalog filter.  Do we
> want to always show the replica identity line for \d+?

Doesn't seem like a great idea to remove the filter tests for replident
values and then not fix the display code to cope with those values.

I think this display code is well south of minimal acceptability anyhow:
if the column contains anything other than what it expects, it will print
a lie, meaning it's entirely not future-proof.  I'd suggest a switch()
that prints "???" in the default: case.