Re: jsonpath - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: jsonpath
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> +             if (jspThrowErrors(cxt) ||
> +                     ERRCODE_TO_CATEGORY(errcode) != ERRCODE_DATA_EXCEPTION)
> +                     PG_RE_THROW();

> BTW, this code also looks... useless.  I can't see whole numeric.c
> throwing ERRCODE_DATA_EXCEPTION.   Nikita, what do we mean here?

I think what this code is claiming is that any errcode in the 22xxx
category is safe to trap.  Presumably what it's expecting to see is
ERRCODE_DIVISION_BY_ZERO (22012) or another error that numeric.c
could throw ... but 22xxx covers a heck of a lot of ground.