Re: Best way to use indexes for partial match at - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Best way to use indexes for partial match at
Date
List pgsql-general
"Andrus" <eetasoft@online.ee> writes:
>> (Hint: all the other ones use dictionary
>> sorting rules, which have at least a discrimination against spaces.)

> show lc_collate; -- returns "Estonian_Estonia.1257"
> I don't see any space discrimination on sorting here.

Hmm ... I should probably have qualified my statement as "all the
locales generally used on Unix systems".  I have no idea what the
situation is like on Windoze.

Anyone have some data about the sort rules used by common Windows
locales?

            regards, tom lane