Re: 2 or more columns of type 'serial' in a table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 2 or more columns of type 'serial' in a table
Date
List pgsql-general
"Aggarwal , Ajay" <ajay@crossbeamsys.com> writes:
> I am having a problem, while trying to CREATE a table with more than one
> column of type 'serial'. Apparently only one sequence gets created and that
> is for the last 'serial' type column in the table.

How embarrassing ... I wonder how long that's been broken?

The fix in 7.0.3 is to change line 716 of src/backend/parser/analyze.c
from
        blist = lcons(sequence, NIL);
        blist = lappend(blist, sequence);

Fixed for 7.1.  Thanx for the report.