Re: pg_dump in 7.2.4 with trigger functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump in 7.2.4 with trigger functions
Date
List pgsql-general
Steve Wampler <swampler@noao.edu> writes:
> In fact, now that I look more at the dump file, it's kinda interesting.
> Near the top are the lines:

>      \connect "atst.logdb" atst

>      SET client_encoding = 'SQL_ASCII';
>      SET check_function_bodies = false;

>      SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION 'sbw';

> ('sbw' is a superuser, 'atst' was not.  The restore was run by
> [Linux] user 'sbw'.)

Yeah, this is a bug in pg_dump --- it's failing to consider that doing
the \connect that way might lose superuser privileges.  More recent
versions of pg_dump avoid that problem, but as long as you're on 7.4
the best advice may be to not rely on the -C switch.

            regards, tom lane