Re: max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked
Date
List pgsql-novice
Lonni J Friedman <netllama@gmail.com> writes:
> 2009/8/4 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:
>> On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 09:01 -0700, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
>>> I've restarted the server (several times, in fact) since setting
>>> max_fsm_relations=2000, so I can't figure out why its still using
>>> 1000.
>>
>> Is this Gentoo?

> No, its FC6

I suppose Devrim was wondering about the init script overriding the
setting via the postmaster command line.  But even if it had, that
would affect the value you see with SHOW.  This setting is *not*
modifiable after postmaster start, so it's pretty hard to explain
how what you see with SHOW wouldn't be the active setting.

I'm guessing that you're somehow looking at the wrong log file or
misinterpreting what you see there.  Are you sure the messages
mentioning 1000 are current (emitted since restart)?

            regards, tom lane