Re: Question: Is it possible to get the new xlog position after query execution? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christophe Pettus
Subject Re: Question: Is it possible to get the new xlog position after query execution?
Date
List pgsql-general

> On Nov 8, 2021, at 10:03, Oleg Serov <oleg@slapdash.com> wrote:
> That does not seem to be feasible for our application. Using synchronous commit affects performance and really makes
replicationnot really useful... What we want to achieve is to have a consistent DB state across all connections for
masterand replica per user. If other users see something outdated, is OK.

Synchronous commit can be turned on and off per-user:

    ALTER ROLE <role> SET synchronous_commit = 'on';

That way, the users that require it have it, but other users do not.