Re: mysql command equivalents? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: mysql command equivalents?
Date
List pgsql-novice
[ please keep the list cc'd on replies ]

Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroeder@gmail.com> writes:
> So, if you're accessing via code, you have to establish a connection
> to a specific PG database, and then explicitly set the search_path if
> that db has more than one schema -- is that right?

In general, yeah.  If you like, you can preset the desired search_path
value as a per-database or per-user setting, and then your code doesn't
need to think about it.   However, if you're accustomed to issuing
USE explicitly, I don't see why you wouldn't just change that to SET
search_path.

            regards, tom lane