Re: Postgres 7.4 VACUUM FULL multiple AccessExclusiveLocks? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgres 7.4 VACUUM FULL multiple AccessExclusiveLocks?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Mike White <mikewhite22@yahoo.com> writes:
> I've noticed that the pg_lock table shows two AccessExclusiveLock
> entries that are completely identical.  Is this a sign of internal
> deadlock, or is this behavior expected during VACUUM FULL operation?

I think it's just the regular and session versions of the lock.  Don't
recall at the moment whether it's easier to tell them apart in newer
releases.

> Also, please don't tell me to upgrade.

You should *definitely* be on 7.4.x where x is considerably greater than
7.  This is a painless update and failing to do it borders on negligence.
Read the release notes at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/release.html

            regards, tom lane