Re: updated SORT/LIMIT patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: updated SORT/LIMIT patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Updated patch against cvs update in case it makes applying easier.

Applied with revisions --- notably, I avoided adding any overhead to
HEAPCOMPARE() by the expedient of reversing the logical sort order
before heapify'ing.  We couldn't have done that before the NULLS_FIRST
patch went in, but now it's trivial to make the sort order reverse
fully.

Since you didn't include any documentation patch for the
optimize_bounded_sort GUC variable, I assumed it was meant only for
debugging and hid it behind #ifdef DEBUG_BOUNDED_SORT.

            regards, tom lane