Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I wish we had a bit more consistency in the flags, so we could centralize
> them. Seems there's no reason to not use -p -p and -b everywhere?

I don't think we care enough about performance of most of the scanners
to make them all backup-free, so -1 to that idea.

We could possibly replace the command line switches with %option
entries in the files themselves.  But I think the reason we haven't
done so for -b is that the Makefile still needs to know about it
so as to know what to do with the lex.backup output file.