Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/src/backend/commands (command.c vacuum.c) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/src/backend/commands (command.c vacuum.c)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> Hmm,is there any good reason to vacuum toast table in the
> transaction which was already internally committed by vacuum
> of the master table ?  Is it possible under WAL ?

It had better be possible under WAL, because vacuuming indexes is
done in essentially the same way: we clean the indexes *after* we
commit the master's tuple movements.

Really, the TOAST table is being treated the same way we handle
indexes, and I think that's good.