Re: Bug in Makefile.shlib - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug in Makefile.shlib
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Olivier PRENANT <ohp@pyrenet.fr> writes:
> I think I figured why I can't buil plperl on unixware 711/OpenUnix 800.

> It seems Makefile.shlib has changed between 722 and 73 and -z text has
> been added.

Not hardly.  The "-z text" option has been in there since at least 6.4.
6.4's Makefile.shlib has

ifeq ($(PORTNAME), unixware) ... LDFLAGS_SL            := -G -z text ...
endif

which was cribbed from even older shlib support in other files.  We used
that up through 7.0 without any revisions.  In 7.1 Makefile.shlib was
revised pretty heavily; 7.1 has a unixware section that is identical to
current sources, in particular
 LINK.shared        += -Wl,-z,text -Wl,-h,$(soname)

So I think this code is pretty well tested and removing the -z option
is more likely to break things than fix them.

What misbehavior are you seeing exactly?