Re: User survey suggestion: add CVS as a choice - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: User survey suggestion: add CVS as a choice
Date
List pgsql-www
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 02:24:35PM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>> In either case, I think the handful of people who use cvs rule it out
>> as an answer, IMO.

> Is CVS usage really that low?  I don't know, not having seen any
> activity logs.

... and we'll never find out, if we take surveys that exclude the
possibility.

I concur with Michael that pulling the head of a release branch might be
a perfectly sane way to build a production installation.  What if you
need a bug fix that's in CVS but not yet appeared in any dot-release?

            regards, tom lane