Re: User survey suggestion: add CVS as a choice - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: User survey suggestion: add CVS as a choice
Date
Re: User survey suggestion: add CVS as a choice  ("Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com>)
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 02:24:35PM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> > Regarding the user survey "Where did you get your current production
> > copy of PostgreSQL from?" I'd like to suggest adding CVS as a choice.
>
> Yikes! Perhaps you overlooked the all-important "production" word of
> the question? :) Unless you are using cvs with specifically tagged releases.

No, I didn't overlook the word "production," although I anticipated
that somebody might think so.  CVS doesn't necessarily imply HEAD:
I was indeed thinking of people who track tagged releases.

> In either case, I think the handful of people who use cvs rule it out
> as an answer, IMO.

Is CVS usage really that low?  I don't know, not having seen any
activity logs.

--
Michael Fuhr