Re: CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS regression instability - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS regression instability
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2020-04-05 14:33:19 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> 1. Change the test to do "\set VERBOSITY sqlstate" so that all that
>> is printed is
>> ERROR:  54001
>> ERRCODE_STATEMENT_TOO_COMPLEX is used in few enough places that
>> this wouldn't be too much of a loss of specificity.  (Or we could
>> give stack overflow its very own ERRCODE.)

> We could print the error using :LAST_ERROR_MESSAGE after removing a
> potential trailing "at character ..." if we're worried about the loss of
> specificity.

Oh, actually it seems that :LAST_ERROR_MESSAGE is already just the
primary message, without any "at character N" addon, so this would be
a very easy way to ameliorate that complaint.  ("at character N" is
added by libpq's pqBuildErrorMessage3 in TERSE mode, but psql does
not use that when filling LAST_ERROR_MESSAGE.)