Re: BUG #13638: Exception texts from plperl has bad encoding - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #13638: Exception texts from plperl has bad encoding
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Michal Leinweber <lei@aswsyst.cz> writes:
> The problem is not only with elog call, but it also fires if plpgsql
> code called from plperl function raises exception.

Hmm, yeah, there are a whole bunch of instances of that croak("%s",
edata->message) pattern, and most of them don't have an ancestral SV
to work from.  So we'll need a more general solution anyway, and it
may not be worth changing do_util_elog() to work in a fundamentally
different way than the rest.

            regards, tom lane