Re: Create Extension search path - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Create Extension search path
Date
List pgsql-general
Roger Niederland <roger@niederland.com> writes:
> On my windows install of postgres 9.1.0.
> I have a search_path set in the config file.  This search path has
> several schemas defined.
> Some of the databases within postgres, do not have the schema specified
> on the search path defined within the database.

> Trying to add pgcryto via:
> CREATE EXTENSION pgcrypto;
> or
> CREATE EXTENSION pgcrypto SCHEMA public;
> Fail with the error invalid value for parameter "search_path".

> To add the extension required me to change the search_path.

I've committed a fix for this.  Thanks for the report!

(As pointed out in the thread, there are probably better ways to do what
you're doing with the search path, but in any case it's not real
desirable for CREATE EXTENSION to fail if the current setting is wonky.)

            regards, tom lane