Re: PQexecParams and CURSOR - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PQexecParams and CURSOR
Date
List pgsql-general
"Laurent Marzullo" <laurent.marzullo@atosorigin.com> writes:
> Ok so here is the full TEST program I try to run:

I think you are running into an issue that was fixed during the 8.0
development cycle.  From the CVS logs:

    Allow DECLARE CURSOR to take parameters from the portal in which it
    is executed.  Previously, the DECLARE would succeed but subsequent
    FETCHes would fail since the parameter values supplied to DECLARE
    were not propagated to the portal created for the cursor.  In
    support of this, add type Oids to ParamListInfo entries, which
    seems like a good idea anyway since code that extracts a value can
    double-check that it got the type of value it was expecting.
    Oliver Jowett, with minor editorialization by Tom Lane.

So what you are trying to do will work in 8.0 but not in 7.4.

            regards, tom lane