Re: [INTERFACES] DBD-Pg-0.73 make failed - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] DBD-Pg-0.73 make failed
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
"Igor Sysoev" <igor@nitek.ru> writes:
> While trying to make DBD-Pg-0.73 I found such error:
> dbdimp.c:146: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

> I think that cc doesn't like pointers like
> "imp_dbh->conn->status", "imp_dbh->conn->Pfout" and so.

Is there a newer version of DBD-Pg?  That one evidently doesn't work
with Postgres 6.4.

The incomplete-type messages appear because the contents of the conn
struct are no longer visible to calling applications.  You could
work around that by including <libpq-int.h>; but if the thing is
trying to touch field Pfout then it's going to lose anyway, because
that field no longer exists (libpq doesn't use a stdio file to contact
the backend anymore).

I had the idea that someone had updated DBD-Pg for 6.4, but I don't
know for sure.

            regards, tom lane