Re: pgsql: ALTER TABLE: skip FK validation when it's safe to do so - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: ALTER TABLE: skip FK validation when it's safe to do so
Date
List pgsql-committers
> Committer's note: catalog version bumped due to change of the Constraint
> node.  I can't actually find any way to have such a node in a stored
> rule, but given that we have "out" support for them, better be safe.

FYI, the easy way to determine this is to see if the node type has
readfuncs.c support.  If not, it's not usable in stored rules.  There
are a lot of node types that have outfuncs support for debugging
purposes, so looking at outfuncs alone can be misleading.

In this particular case I believe the catversion bump was unnecessary,
though of course it doesn't hurt.

            regards, tom lane