Re: Invalid memory alloc request - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Invalid memory alloc request
Date
List pgsql-general
Guy Helmer <ghelmer@palisadesys.com> writes:
> On systems running Postgresql 8.3.6, I have a nightly backup using
> pg_dump that failed on two machines overnight with this error:

> pg_dump: SQL command failed
> pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size 1376006425
> pg_dump: The command was: COPY public.tablename (ts, fn, data, textdata) TO stdout;

Normally I'd say "data corruption", but it is odd if you got the
identical message from two different machines.  Can you reproduce
it with a debugger attached?  If so, a backtrace from the call of
errfinish might be useful.

            regards, tom lane