Re: [HACKERS] For review: Server instrumentation patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] For review: Server instrumentation patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:
> So how would your query to display all all available _logfiles_
> look like?

I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume that all the files in the
log directory are logfiles --- more so than assuming that the admin
hasn't exercised his option to change the log filename pattern, anyway.

I also don't have a problem with using the file mod times to sort them.
Yes, you can break that if you go and poke the files --- but there's no
reason to do so, whereas there are many reasons for changing the log
filename pattern.

            regards, tom lane