Re: BUG #15284: SSL connection is off - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #15284: SSL connection is off
Date
List pgsql-bugs
=?utf-8?q?PG_Bug_reporting_form?= <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> psql -h 185.168.192.147 -U postgres
> psql: FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "183.82.105.209", user
> "postgres", database "postgres", SSL off

Hmm.  This line:

> host    all             all             0.0.0.0/0               md5

certainly ought to match that connection attempt.  So I can think of
two possibilities:

1. You are not looking at the pg_hba.conf file that the running server
is actually using.  "SHOW hba_file" could be used to confirm which one
that is.

2. You modified the file since the server was started, and didn't
SIGHUP the server to tell it to re-read the file.  ("pg_ctl reload"
would fix that, or your packager may have provided a wrapper script
for it.)

            regards, tom lane