Re: Commitfest infrastructure (was Re: 8.4 release planning) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Commitfest infrastructure (was Re: 8.4 release planning)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Tom,
>> Oh.  What's that "watch this page" option do, then?

> Notifies you when anyone makes any change of any kind to *any* patch (or
> piece of text, for that matter) in the commitfest.  Including something
> like changing the number of patches assigned to an RRR.

Okay, so it does have notification ability and you do want that, you
just want it on a different granularity level.

> My inability to systematically send reminder e-mails to submitters and
> reviewers -- or for that matter, even track when they were assigned or
> last updated -- has been a significant drag on the effectiveness of the
> commitfests.  Some patches stalled, and I missed them.

Agreed, that would be helpful, and the wiki doesn't help you with it.
So we want a patch tracker that can do that.