Re: unixtime -> timestamp with time zone - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: unixtime -> timestamp with time zone
Date
List pgsql-general
Ben <bench@silentmedia.com> writes:
> I have a lot of date data in unixtime format, which I'd like to store in
> postgres as a timestamp with time zone. In 7.2 I had been able to say:
> datetime(1038812385) at time zone 'pst'
> which worked great, but in 7.3 this is telling me:
> ERROR:  Function datetime(integer) does not exist

The datetime datatype name has been a deprecated alias for several
releases now; it's gone entirely in 7.3.

> How can I convert from unixtime to timestamp with time zone?

Try abstime (which is what you were really depending on, anyway):

regression=# select abstime(1038812385);
        abstime
 2002-12-02 01:59:45-05
(1 row)

            regards, tom lane