Re: A question about leakproof - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: A question about leakproof
Date
List pgsql-general
Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 09:15:20AM +0800, qiumingcheng wrote:
>> After testing, we don't find the difference between functions of
>> proleakproof=true and functions of proleakproof=false (the function is
>> described in pg_proc).

> Have you looked at
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.2#Security_barriers_and_Leakproof?

Also: the fact that a built-in function is not marked leakproof
doesn't mean that it isn't leakproof.  It could just mean that
we haven't looked at it closely, or that there's too much code
involved to have much confidence that it would stay leakproof.

            regards, tom lane