Re: tsvector_update_trigger throws error "column is not of tsvector type" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: tsvector_update_trigger throws error "column is not of tsvector type"
Date
List pgsql-general
"Markus Wollny" <Markus.Wollny@computec.de> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> It should work if you explicitly change the column's type to
>> pg_catalog.tsvector.  (There's a fix in place for 8.3.2, also.)

> Which would probably be not such a good idea to try on a 7GB table in production, I think. Or is there some way
hackingthe system catalog to correct the type instead of an ALTER TABLE ... ALTER COLUMN TYPE?

Well, you could probably get away with an "update pg_attribute set
atttypid ..." but it might be safer to just wait for 8.3.2.

            regards, tom lane