Re: Fw: how to resolve org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR:operator does not exist: text = integer? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Karen Goh
Subject Re: Fw: how to resolve org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR:operator does not exist: text = integer?
Date
In response to Re: Fw: how to resolve org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: operator does not exist: text = integer?  (Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>)
List pgsql-sql

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 5:36 PM, Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:

>> You can get the statement from the server logs (by default, the
>> statement text is logged alongside any error).

Karen> Ok. Thanks. Just to confirm, I need log4j2 or SL4J to generate
Karen> the log right?

No.

PostgreSQL writes its own logs. Most installs have some degree of
logging enabled by default, though this does depend on what package was
installed and how the server was started. In some cases you can figure
out where the log files are from the following server settings (use the
SHOW statement to display them):

1. If log_destination is "syslog", then whether a log file exists and
  where it is depends on the system's syslog.conf file.

2. If log_destination is "eventlog", then this is a Windows system, and
  log messages are in the Windows event log.

3. If log_destination is neither of the above, and logging_collector is
  enabled, then the log_directory setting shows where the log files are
  (if this is a relative path, it's relative to data_directory).

4. If log_destination is "stderr" and logging_collector is _disabled_,
  then the logs (if any) are written to wherever the startup script
  directed them. This depends on the OS and packaging.

How do you guys use PostgreSQL ? I do not know  other ways except PGADMIN4. Is there a tutorial I can read up so that my database that I have created can be access via PostgreSQL?

Last time when my MYSQL was still working, I can just write MySQL d something like that but PostGreSQL I examined the bin there is not command line tool whatsoever....:(

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)