Re: PostgreSQL 7.1.1: Backend crash when calling plpgsql function - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 7.1.1: Backend crash when calling plpgsql function
Date
List pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> Hi, while porting a 6.5 app to 7.1.1 i found a plpgsql function that
> crashes the backend. Other functions work though. When i rewrite the
> function to be more sane, the crash doesnt happen anymore. Still the
> backend shouldnt crash (and it didnt in 6.5 btw).
> The whole db dump is about 28megs if anyone is interested.

I'd like to look at this, but 28meg is more than I want to download
(stuck behind a dialup line for the present :-().  Would you please
try to devise a small dataset that exhibits the problem, and send it
along in the form of a psql script?

7.1.2 is due out at the end of the week, so the sooner you can get it
to me the better ...

            regards, tom lane