Re: SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF no longer supported - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF no longer supported
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Carlos Correia <carlos@m16e.com> writes:
> I'm trying to run a Java application that gets the error in the subject
> when I run it in Windows 2000 with both versions (8.0 and 8.1) of
> Postgres, when I try to start a transaction.

I think you need a newer JDBC driver.  (If the app itself, rather than
the driver, is trying to issue this command then the app is so broken
it doesn't deserve to live.)

> The same app works fine in Linux with Postgres 7.4...

It might have worked with 7.3, but 7.4 would give this same error message.

            regards, tom lane