Re: pg_Restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From François Beausoleil
Subject Re: pg_Restore
Date
List pgsql-general
Le 2013-01-20 à 23:10, bhanu udaya a écrit :

> I am new to postgres and recently got migrated from oracle. I am using postgresql 9.2 version.

Welcome, and good choice for the version.

> I am trying to restore 9.5G database (1GB dumpfile) which has 500 schemas with 1 lakh rows in each schema. Could take
thedata dump using pg_dump and it takes around 40 minutes. I tried to use pg_restore to restore this dump, but it takes
hoursto restore the dump. I have used the configurations parameters as below:

> shared_buffers = 1024MB
> work_mem = 512MB
> maintenance_work_mem = 512MB
> wal_buffers = 100MB
>
> I have used command to restore as below:
> pg_Restore -d newdb -j2 e:\file.dmp
>
> My machine configurations are as below:
> Windows Core I5 with 4GB Ram.

Other settings you can change during the initial restore / load phase:

fsync = off # ONLY DURING INITIAL DATA LOAD!

checkpoint_segments = 128 # large value, such as 128 or 256 (16MB per file, check disk space)
checkpoint_timeout = 30min
checkpoint_completion_target = 0.9

wal_level = minimal # You'll need to do a full base backup if you use this

Read this section of the manual: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-wal.html

Have a great day!
François Beausoleil