Re: A simpler time zone question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: A simpler time zone question
Date
List pgsql-general
Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> writes:
> On 03/28/2011 08:57 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Yes, I believe that's even documented somewhere.  I think it will also
>> do that if the time is impossible (eg, 02:30 during a forward DST jump)

> I'd love a link to the documentation specifying that behavior. I've
> spent a while searching and have thus-far failed to locate it.

Hmm.  The code is perfectly clear about it, see DetermineTimeZoneOffset:

    /*
     * It's an invalid or ambiguous time due to timezone transition. Prefer
     * the standard-time interpretation.
     */

but right offhand I don't see any mention of ambiguous times in the
likely parts of the documentation.

            regards, tom lane