Re: BUG #17055: Logical replication worker crashes when applying update of row that dose not exist in target partiti - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17055: Logical replication worker crashes when applying update of row that dose not exist in target partiti
Date
In response to Re: BUG #17055: Logical replication worker crashes when applying update of row that dose not exist in target partiti  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Responses Re: BUG #17055: Logical replication worker crashes when applying update of row that dose not exist in target partiti  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Re: BUG #17055: Logical replication worker crashes when applying update of row that dose not exist in target partiti  (Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
I wrote:
> I see from the coverage report that *none* of the did-not-find-tuple
> code paths in worker.c are exercised.  This does not seem OK.  I agree
> that probably the only way to have a test case is to kick up the debug
> level to DEBUG1 and grep the log to confirm that the message is there.
> IIRC, we already have infrastructure for grepping the log, so this
> shouldn't be that hard.  Will work on it today.

Done now.  It was a highly worthwhile exercise, too, because I stumbled
over two *other* bugs in this code while I was at it.

BTW, I intentionally reworded the DEBUG messages to make sure we could
tell the partitioned case apart from the non-partitioned one.

            regards, tom lane