Re: Memory ordering issue in LWLockRelease, WakeupWaiters, WALInsertSlotRelease - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Memory ordering issue in LWLockRelease, WakeupWaiters, WALInsertSlotRelease
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> My current conclusion is that backporting barriers.h is by far the most
> reasonable way to go. The compiler problems have been ironed out by
> now...

-1.  IMO that code is still quite unproven, and what's more, the
problem we're discussing here is completely hypothetical.  If it
were real, we'd have field evidence of it.  We've not had that
much trouble seeing instances of even very narrow race-condition
windows in the past.