Re: Solving my query needs with Rank and may be CrossTab - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: Solving my query needs with Rank and may be CrossTab
Date
List pgsql-sql

On Dec 1, 2019, at 11:09 PM, Iaam Onkara <iamonkara@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes indexes on Code and Timestamp column may also be needed even though Patient_ID column will be indexed.

I believe you will want a compound index covering both columns
By incremental tables do you mean tables with Auto Increment primary key for ID
No. I mean a series of intermediate tables each with one more report column. These can be temporary and unlogged but the will need an index on patient. (Again, you have the option of predefining the full report table and repeatedly updating a single column.)

What I am having tough time figuring out is how to transform the result into this even after using multiple CTEs