Re: long sql "in" clause crashes server process (8.0 Release) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: long sql "in" clause crashes server process (8.0 Release)
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> On MingW, you add:
> -Wl,--stack=4194304
> to get 4Mb stack. At least the value increases in the header.

> And I can confirm that doing this fixes the problem and turns it into
> the error message about stack size. (But won't things crash again if I
> increase that one? Or will it increase the stack manually then?)

> Patch attached.

Applied.  Some googling confirmed that cygwin uses this switch too,
so I added it in that makefile branch as well.  The references I found
suggested a slightly different syntax: -Wl,--stack,4194304.  It's
likely that the "=" variant works fine on cygwin too, but just for
paranoia's sake I followed the references.

            regards, tom lane